Mission and Vision
We strive to create an educated, compassionate, and just world, one student at a time.
DePaul College Prep provides a Catholic, challenging, college-prep education for young women and men that:
- Empowers active and innovative teaching and learning through our DePaul University partnership
- Inspires students through an academically rigorous learning environment
- In Catholic tradition, encourages students to live in Faith, Respect, Excellence and Service
- Builds confidence, inspires independent thinking and encourages students to strive for excellence intellectually, socially and ethically
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community of life long learners
- Develops leadership skills for the students to challenge the present and enrich the future
Our framework is the Catholic Tradition, with a special devotion to our founders and sponsors, the Resurrectionists, and our academic partners, the Vincentians. In keeping with Saint Vincent’s great question, “What must be done?” we continue the Resurrectionists’ relentless witness to hope in a broken world. Students also dialogue with other faith traditions through the religion curriculum, guest speakers, and field trips to non-Christian houses of worship. Prayer and Mass are a part of everyday life at the school, and students are invited to serve in liturgical ministries and choir.
Ours is an urban school community that reflects and engages with the multicultural and socioeconomic diversity of our city. By extension, we cultivate a caring relationship toward our school environment, neighborhood, and planet. Guided by the principles of Catholic Social Teachings, this commitment develops a deeper respect for all people, resulting in a richer learning environment and authentic preparation for living, serving, and leading in a global world.
We define excellence as challenging you to go beyond your own comfort level in the classroom, on the court, with friends, on the stage, or in our steamlab. By fostering unique gifts and self-respect in each student, we develop a sense of confidence and integrity they express in every facet of life. DePaul prep provides a nurturing environment in which every student can shine.
When you come to DePaul Prep, you will join 100% of your classmates by engaging in community service projects that serve the diverse needs and populations in our city. Because service is a mutual exchange between the volunteer and the person in-need, all experiences include structured reflection that draw on the riches of our Faith Tradition to shape and transform young minds and hearts.