DePaul College Prep in Chicago, IL, is currently seeking applications for the positions listed below. The successful candidate will support the mission of DePaul College Prep and be committed to the education and faith development of young women and men surrounded in the school’s core values of faith, respect, excellence and service.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the DePaul College Prep community, please click the below tabs to view our open position descriptions and the steps to apply. Please send a cover letter, a copy of your resume and a list of references to Mr. Stan Niemiec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: August 24, 2018
Position Description: Director of Athletics
The Institution: DePaul College Prep, established in 2014, is a co-ed Catholic high school serving the families of Chicago. DePaul Prep operates in academic partnership with DePaul University, the largest Catholic university in the United States. The school is sponsored by the Congregation of the Resurrection and is governed by a lay Board of Directors. The school’s core values are Faith, Respect, Excellence and Service and its mission is to create an educated, compassionate and just world, one student at a time.
DePaul Prep offers college prep, AP, and Honors classes and is an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme school. In its innovative, 15,000 square foot steamlab maker space, DePaul Prep also offers its students hands on, collaborative learning in STEM and the arts. DePaul College Prep and its academic partnership with DePaul University were established in response to demand by local families within the Archdiocese of Chicago for another academically challenging, Catholic high school option for their children. DePaul Prep believes that health, wellness and developing a connection to community are integral to intellectual and spiritual growth. We view our athletic program as an integral component of that philosophy.
Now in its 5th year of operation, DePaul Prep’s enrollment is 500 students, a growth rate of more than 10% each year. More than 70% of students participate in athletics or other extracurricular activities and clubs. The school has successfully completed Year 3 of its 5 year strategic plan: Vision 2020: Faith in our Future and is currently engaged in accomplishing the plan’s Year 4 goals and objectives.
DePaul Prep is a member of the Chicago Catholic League, the Girls Catholic Athletic Conference and the IHSA.
Boys team sports (11) include:
Hockey (cohort with Lane Tech)
Rowing (cohort with Chicago Rowing Foundation)
Track and Field
Girls team sports (9) include:
Rowing (cohort with Chicago Rowing Foundation)
Track and Field
The Position: DePaul Prep seeks a dynamic, experienced Director of Athletics who will work closely with the President and Principal to:
- sustain and expand opportunities for student athletes
- represent DePaul Prep to the IHSA, Catholic League, and GCAC
- ensure that DePaul Prep is compliant with all rules and regulations of the IHSA, Catholic League and GCAC
- in consultation with the President, recruit and hire qualified coaching staffs for all sports
- ensure that all coaches and student athletes abide by DePaul Prep’s code of conduct at all times
- ensure that all coaches and student athletes observe and practice good sportsmanship, DePaul Prep’s core values of Faith, Respect, Excellence and Service and promote DePaul Prep’s Catholic identity at all times
- Communicate effectively with parent community to keep parents fully informed of athletic program policies, expectations of athletes and athletic events
- Manage and support coaching staff to ensure all are qualified, fair and ethically minded in their coaching at all times
- work with the Principal and Counseling staff to develop good study habits to ensure that student athletes are academically successful
- where applicable, strengthen the existing academic and athletic partnership with DePaul University
- ensure that student athletes are properly attired and equipped for competitions
- manage use of in house athletic facilities and equipment
- negotiate rental or use of athletics facilities from third parties when needed
- make arrangements to safely transport student athletes to practices and competitions
- ensure qualified officials are hired for competitions
- work with coaches and President to develop opportunities for DePaul Prep teams to be competitive in their respective sports
- work with the Department of Finance and Operations to develop budgets to support Athletics
- work with the Department of Institutional Advancement and the President to develop fundraising activities to support Athletics
- work with the President to advise on expansion of athletic opportunities and facilities
The Director of Athletics is a member of the Leadership Team of DePaul College Prep and reports directly to the President.
At least 5 years experience in coaching, administration or teaching at the high school level or higher
Familiarity with IHSA, Catholic League and GCAC policies, procedures and regulations
Ability to embody and represent the Catholic and moral values of DePaul Prep to all audiences
Willingness to enforce DePaul Prep’s code of conduct and behavior expectations equitably and consistently
Comfortable in the role of change agent
Collaborative leader, coach and problem solver
Comfortable with interpersonal interactions with student athletes, their families and the administration of DePaul Prep
Willingness to participate with School leadership in planning processes for future athletic facilities, programs and services
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
Health and dental insurance plans
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume and list of references to: email@example.com.
Posting will close: September 22, 2018.
Title of Position: Grant Writer
Job Type: Part Time
The Grant Writer will primarily be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate DePaul College Prep’s mission, vision and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This individual will be an important member of the team in the Office of Institutional Advancement and will work closely together with the Office of the President and Finance and Operations, as well as collaborating with school constituency groups including Board of Directors, Faculty, Staff and Students.
- •Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- •Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- •Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- •Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- •Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- •Conducting prospect research;
- •Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- •Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Assist with data input as needed (Raisers Edge development software)
- The ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- The candidate must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills.
- He or she must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with foundation databases.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants is a must.
- A Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required.
Please send a resume and 2-3 grant samples to Amy Golden, Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org