DePaul College Prep in Chicago, IL, is currently seeking applications for the positions listed below. The successful candidate will support the mission of DePaul College Prep and be committed to the education and faith development of young women and men surrounded in the school’s core values of faith, respect, excellence and service.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the DePaul College Prep community, please click the below tabs to view our open position descriptions and the steps to apply. Please send a cover letter, a copy of your resume and a list of references to Mr. Stan Niemiec at email@example.com.
Assistant Campus Minister (full-time)
DePaul College Prep - Chicago
DePaul College Prep is a growing Catholic High School located on the north side of Chicago, sponsored by the Congregation of the Resurrection and in partnership with the Vincentians (Congregation of the Mission) of DePaul University. Rooted in Christ’s mission and framed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, our ministry strives to instill our Core Values of Faith, Respect, Excellence, and Service in each student. Our enrolment in the 2019-2020 school year is estimated at 600 students.
Cultivate Vincentian charism through service and reflection
Manage online service activity platform for students and teachers
Manage ongoing and annual service projects and develop new service opportunities, including assisting school clubs and athletic teams with service projects
Cultivate relationships between diverse social service organizations and our community
Organize and chaperone annual service immersion trip
Assist with facilitation of retreat program
Collaborate on further development of retreat content and design
Collaborate with staff on the integration of the Catholic Faith in school culture through events and developing resources
Support vibrant liturgical life through co-coordination of Masses and prayer services
Cultivate & form student leadership for retreats and to support faith life at the school
Collaborate with religion department to integrate Mission & Values initiatives into the classroom
Candidate is committed to an active faith life and engaged in a faith community
Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in youth ministry, pastoral ministry, theology, or religious studies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Strong organizational & logistical skills
Professional verbal & written communication skills
High comfort level with use of technology including Google Suite and online platforms such as Schoology and MobilServ
REPORTS to the Director of Mission & Values
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Ms. Florence Merkl-Deutsch, Director of Mission & Values:
DePaul College Prep is searching for a Full-Time Dean of Students. Candidates should have experience working in a Catholic school, be certified (Type 75, or Leadership Endorsement) by the state of Illinois, and have relevant experience in the management of student information systems.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Review and reinforce School-wide Behavioral Expectations to Juniors and Seniors (Tier 1 Intervention)
- Review and reinforce policies related to behavior, attendance and tardiness (Tier 1 Intervention)
- Track data for each area for 11th and 12th gr. and share with MTSS, Leadership teams as requested
- Confer with parents early and often to shift student behaviors to the positive
- Support Junior and Senior teachers in maintaining calm and engaging learning environments, working one on one with students who exhibit disruptive behaviors, including tardiness. (Tier 2 Intervention)
- Supply behavioral data for students in need of Tier 2 & 3 support for 11th and 12th graders
- Co-create behavior plans for 11th and 12th grade
- Manage and maintain system of documentation for all student behavioral infractions, consequences and plans for 9th and 10th graders.
- Plan, manage and lead building supervision and security efforts
- Determine necessary supervision through the day and after school
- Ensure facilities are secure during school day and during student events
- Ensure supervision of cafeteria with support from assigning faculty & staff
- Ensure supervision of athletic events with support of Dean of Student Activities
- Ensure completion of required emergency drills on an annual basis (fire, lock-down, active shooter, tornado, evacuation)
- Manage Detention System
- Track detention data, reasons for infractions
- Individual student data
- Ensure that all detentions are being served
- Follow up on any failures to report
- Track grade level trends
- Notify to parents when students are approaching ‘limits’ (**teachers who issue multiple detentions to the same students should be first to contact)
- Consult and communicate regularly with counseling team regarding 11th and 12th grade students.
- Act as guest presenter in 11th and 12th grade level Formation or Advisory periods to supplement advisory curriculum.
Benefits include a comprehensive benefits package and a 403B Plan.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Stanley Niemiec, Assistant Principal, at Sniemiec@depaulprep.org.