DePaul College Prep in Chicago, IL, is currently seeking applications for the positions listed below. The successful candidate will support the mission of DePaul College Prep and be committed to the education and faith development of young women and men surrounded in the school’s core values of faith, respect, excellence and service.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the DePaul College Prep community, please click the below tabs to view our open position descriptions and the steps to apply. Please send a cover letter, a copy of your resume and a list of references to Mr. Stan Niemiec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Grant Writer will primarily be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate DePaul College Prep’s mission, vision and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This individual will be an important member of the team in the Office of Institutional Advancement and will work closely together with the Office of the President and Finance and Operations, as well as collaborating with school constituency groups including Board of Directors, Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements
- Assist with data input as needed
- The ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- The candidate must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- He or she must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with foundation databases is required
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants is a must
- A Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required
Please send a resume and 2-3 grant samples to Amy Golden, Director of Institutional Advancement, at email@example.com.