Founded in 1952 by the Congregation of the Resurrection, Gordon Tech High School educated thousands of young men and later, young women of Chicago who became successful in our city and across the country in a variety of professions, trades and fields. For the second half of the 20th century and the first decade of the 21st, Gordon Tech occupied a storied part of the history of Catholic education in Chicago. In 2012, the Congregation of the Resurrection and the Archdiocese of Chicago asked DePaul University, the largest Catholic university in the country, to forge an academic partnership to revitalize the school. In 2014, in recognition of the strength of that partnership, the school was renamed DePaul College Prep, located on the Fr. Gordon campus.
Today, DePaul College Prep operates under the governance of a lay board of directors, the sponsorship of the Congregation of the Resurrection, with the academic guidance and in-kind resources of DePaul University. DePaul Prep is proud to embrace the dual charisms of the Resurrectionists and the Vincentians as it educates young women and men to meet the challenges of the 21st century.