The DePaul College Prep Counseling Team provides student support which includes a balanced focus on academic excellence, college readiness, and social-emotional wellness.
With Students, we will:
- Develop self-management, self-advocacy, and social skills necessary to achieve academic success in high school and higher education
- Empower students to become educated, compassionate and just global citizens
- Care for students as individuals, celebrating our diversity
- Ensure readiness for college and career options through rigorous academic planning and course sequencing
With Parents & guardians, we will:
- Ensure families have and use the tools to remain knowledgeable about their students’ current progress
- Provide strategies, resources and referrals for additional student and family support as needed
- Provide parent education on salient topics related to adolescent development
- Engage in regular dialogue with families in order to navigate through an optimal high school experience and maximize postsecondary options
With Faculty, we will:
- Commit to regular and frequent communication regarding student progress and needs
- Develop a collaborative partnership to grow our collective understanding of how to support all learners
- Be an integrative member of the DePaul College Prep community by being visible within the school environment and throughout the school day
- Partner to ensure students are successfully engaged in academically rigorous college preparatory courses
The Advisory and F.R.E.S.H. (Faith, Excellence, Respect, Service, Health & Wellness) Program is a teacher-facilitated class students attend twice a week. The goal: to build community through school-wide, grade-level, and small group activities.
The four year, scaffolded outcomes encompass everything from transitioning to and through High School, to identifying resources, evaluating relationships, improving one’s self-awareness, advocacy and communication, and supporting students and families through college applications, college planning, and post-graduate opportunities.
Head of Counseling; Assist Boys Varsity Basketball
Counselor; Assist Freshman Girls Volleyball Coach
Counselor; Head Varsity Cheerleading Coach, Cheerleading Coach
Counselor; IB Counselor, Freshman Girls Basketball Coach
Counselor; 504 & IEP Plan Manager, 504 Plan & IEP