In partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep is proud to offer Dual Enrollment opportunities for Summer 2019 to our rising juniors and seniors. Students are able to enroll and take college courses on-site at DePaul University and earn college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. While taking these courses, DePaul Prep students will have the experience of attending classes alongside college students and, due to our academic partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount for the courses.
Important Summer 2019 Dual Enrollment Fast-Facts:
- Rising juniors and rising seniors may apply.
- The cost for a DePaul Prep student is $600 per course, as compared to the regular cost for a DePaul University student at $2,400. Because of our academic partnership, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount off the regular course cost. Payment is due only if/when enrollment has been finalized.
- Students can take multiple courses during a given Summer Session and may take courses in both Summer Sessions if they'd like. Enrollment in courses will be determined once their applications have been received.
- High school credit will be earned for all of the courses listed, based on the student's final grade.
- College credit will be earned, based on the student's final grade.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- Counselors must complete the second page of the application.
- Students must submit high school transcripts with the application.
- All courses are held on the DePaul University campus (either Lincoln Park or Loop).
- Application deadline is Friday, May 24, 2019. Apps should be turned in to the DePaul Prep Counseling Department.
What is dual enrollment?
Rising juniors and seniors enroll and take courses on-site or online at a university or college. Students earn college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. High school credit may or may not be earned. These classes are part of DePaul University’s regular summer course offerings. DePaul Prep students will be attending class alongside college students. DePaul Prep students are expected to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to apply.
Where do the classes take place?
The classes are held on DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus as well as the Loop campus. The Lincoln Park campus is located just steps from the Fullerton ‘El’ stop that services red, brown and purple line trains. The campus is also accessible by car via Lake Shore Drive or I-90/94 (Fullerton exit). The Loop campus is also just steps from the Red and Brown line trains.
What are the dates for the classes?
The Summer Session I term runs from Sunday, June 17, 2019 through Saturday, July 21, 2019. Summer Session II term runs from Sunday, July 19, 2019 through Saturday, August 25, 2019.
What does it cost to take a college-level course as part of this dual enrollment program with DePaul Prep?
Due to the academic partnership DePaul University has with DePaul College Prep, a student participating in the dual enrollment program pays a total of $600.00 for a 4-quarter hour course; a student pays $1,000.00 for a 6-quarter hour course. The regular cost to a DePaul University student is $2,520.00 for a 4-quarter hour course.
Therefore, dual enrollment program students are receiving a significant discount off the regular cost for the course. (Textbooks are the responsibility of the student taking the dual enrollment course.)
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is Friday, May 24, 2019. However, it benefits students to apply early since classes can fill up quickly.