Summer Dual Enrollment - DePaul University
In partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep is proud to offer Dual Enrollment opportunities for Summer 2019 to our rising juniors and seniors. Students are able to enroll and take college courses on-site at DePaul University and earn college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. While taking these courses, DePaul Prep students will have the experience of attending classes alongside college students and, due to our academic partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount for the courses.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors may apply.
- The cost for a DePaul Prep student is $600 per course, as compared to the regular cost for a DePaul University student at $2,400. Because of our academic partnership, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount off the regular course cost. Payment is due only if/when enrollment has been finalized.
- Students can take multiple courses during a given Summer Session and may take courses in both Summer Sessions if they'd like. Enrollment in courses will be determined once their applications have been received.
- High school credit will be earned for all of the courses listed, based on the student's final grade.
- College credit will be earned, based on the student's final grade.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- Counselors must complete the second page of the application.
- Students must submit high school transcripts with the application.
- All courses are held on the DePaul University campus (either Lincoln Park or Loop).
- Application deadline is Friday, May 24, 2019. Apps should be turned in to the DePaul Prep Counseling Department.
Therefore, dual enrollment program students are receiving a significant discount off the regular cost for the course. (Textbooks are the responsibility of the student taking the dual enrollment course.)
The application deadline is Friday, May 24, 2019. However, it benefits students to apply early since classes can fill up quickly.