Take the Make-up Entrance Exam at DePaul College Prep!
Pre-registration is required.
Students who intend to apply and attend DePaul Prep are strongly encouraged to register and take the Make-up Catholic High School Entrance Exam at DePaul College Prep. Please note that only students who take the High School Placement Test at DePaul Prep will be eligible for DePaul Prep Academic Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Students may only take the entrance exam once and with only one Catholic High School. Any violations of this policy will result in a denial of a student’s application for admission to DePaul College Prep.
Registration opens on Saturday, December 2 at 10 AM
there will be a $25 registration fee payable online at the time of registration
Please find the form to register below.
Registration for the Make-up Exam closes on friday, december 8 at 12 pM
If you have any questions about the exam or registration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students with learning plans must submit their Private Eval/504/IEP by Wednesday, December 6 in order to receive accommodations on the day of the make-up Entrance Exam.
Please email your plans to our Learning Specialist Team: email@example.com
Families will be notified by December 8 of approved accommodations, if submitted by 12/6
About the Entrance Exam
DePaul Prep is pleased to offer the High School Entrance Exam to your student. Please read this information carefully to ensure you are informed about what is required of students and parents for each exam format.
Entrance Exam Test Components
The DePaul College Prep entrance exam is the High School Placement Test (HSPT). The HSPT has five sections: verbal, quantitative, reading, math, and language (English).
- Cognitive, which has 2 parts: VERBAL (analogies, synonyms, antonyms, logic) and QUANTITATIVE (reasoning, comparison, and sequences).
- Basic, which has 3 parts: READING (comprehension, vocabulary), LANGUAGE (punctuation, spelling, capitalization) and MATH.
- Writing Sample Essay
The test will be taken using a scantron bubble sheet. If your student has not used a scantron before, please have them take a minute to familiarize themselves with how to do so. This video is a helpful introduction.
Details for IN-PERSON TESTING
- Check–In begins at 7:30 AM, and students are to be seated by 8 AM for testing instructions to begin.
- We ask that parents do not enter the building due to the number of people arriving at once.
What to Bring:
- Two Number 2 pencils with erasers
- Clear water bottles allowed
- No food, calculators* or language translators (*calculators are only allowed with qualifying learning plans)
- Students should plan to be picked up around 11:15- 11:30 AM (give or take a few minutes dependent upon time taken for the short DePaul Prep Essay Question).
- We ask that parents do not enter the building due to the number of people arriving to pick up their students.
For Students with Learning Plans:
- Accommodations: Learning Plans or Private Evaluations must be submitted by 12/6 to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive testing accommodations.
- Families will be notified by December 8 of approved accommodations, if submitted by 12/6.
- Accommodations requested can include:
- Extended time (+50%)
- Marking answers on test booklet (not on scantron)
- Calculator use
- All requests must have prior approval by our learning support team, who will communicate the approved accommodations via email prior to the exam date.
- Extended Time students should expect to be done with the exam around 12:45 PM.
NOTE: We will not be offering the entrance exam after the make up date.
After the Exam:
Parents may request to see the results of the HSPT on Registration Nights on February 21 and 22.
The Application for Admission will open Saturday, December 2 @ 8 AM on our Apply Now Page.
Application for Admission will be due by Friday, December 15, 2023. Applications received after December 16 will not be reviewed in the first round of decisions. First round decisions will be sent at the beginning of February.
Questions regarding the entrance exam or visiting DePaul College Prep?
Contact our Admissions Team: