Maintaining Healthy Operations
DePaul College Prep will implement several strategies to maintain healthy operations:
Protections for Staff and Children at Higher Risk for Severe Illness from COVID-19
- Options for staff at higher risk for severe illness (including older adults and people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) that limit their exposure risk (e.g., telework, modified job responsibilities that limit exposure risk) will be discussed on an individual basis to ensure their health and wellbeing
- Options for students at higher risk of severe illness that limit their exposure risk (e.g., E-Learning opportunities) will be provided through a technology solution called Swivel that allows a student to engage in class from home
- Consistent with applicable law, our policies are designed to protect the privacy of people at higher risk for severe illness regarding underlying medical conditions
- Our Nurse will reach out to families with students who have a known medical condition to discuss options for their student
For faculty, if teaching online is feasible, teachers who are in quarantine may teach courses from home to provide consistent instruction to students while they are away from campus.
Gatherings, Visitors, and Field Trips
- For events of more than 50 people, we will hold virtual group events, gatherings, or meetings for school-based organizations and promote social distancing of at least 6 feet between people if events are held.
- All nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups or organizations will be extremely limited in coming to campus.
- Parents and visitors will not be allowed on campus without an appointment.
- DePaul Prep faculty and staff will design virtual activities and events in lieu of field trips, student assemblies, special performances, school-wide parent meetings, and Spirit Weeks
- DePaul Prep will pursue options to convene sporting events and participation in sports activities in ways that minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to players, families, coaches, and communities as per the requirements of the IHSA and the IDPH.
DePaul Prep Point of Contact for COVID-19
Main Office Staff are designated as our COVID 19 Point of Contact for families. Mrs. Jeske will be responsible for relaying all COVID-19 concerns from parents or others to the proper administrator so that they may respond to COVID-19 concerns.
Contact information for Mrs. Mary Jeske:
Faculty and Staff should relay concerns or suggestions directly to a member of the Administration. All concerns will be documented and shared with Administration daily.
Consistent with applicable law and privacy policies, faculty, staff and families should self-report to the school if they or their student have symptoms of COVID-19, a positive test for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days in accordance with health information sharing regulations for COVID-19.
Leave (Time Off) Policies and Excused Absence Policies
- DePaul Prep will implement flexible sick leave policies following guidelines and practices provided in the Family First CoronaVirus ACT that enable staff to stay home when they are sick, have been exposed, or are caring for someone who is sick.
- For faculty, if teaching online is feasible, teachers who are in quarantine may teach courses from home to provide consistent instruction to students while they are away from campus
Staff and Student Training
- All faculty and staff will be trained on all safety and health protocols during the weeks of August 10 and August 17.
- All students will be educated about new Safety and Health Protocols and Procedures during their August grade level orientations.