Parents and students are reminded of the importance of student attendance at all classes during the school day. Students should be on time and prepared to learn every day. If your student is going to be absent or late on a given day, the parent or guardian must notify the school between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on that day. A phone call is required every day of the absence.
Upon returning to school, the student is to bring a note from a parent(s) or legal guardian(s) stating the date, reason for the absence, and best number to reach the parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Chronic tardiness or chronic absenteeism may jeopardize a student's record.
Requests to excuse students for medical appointments during the school day must be verified by medical personnel, in writing, in order to be classified as an excused absence. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary sanctions.
Visit the Ventra Chicago website here for all important information on student Ventra cards.
IMPORTANT – RENEWING THE STUDENT REDUCED FARE ENTITLEMENT:
This card does not entitle you to the Student Reduced Fare indefinitely. You must renew your privileges in the fall prior to the start of each school year (or in the late spring if you are attending summer school).
DON’T THROW YOUR VENTRA CARD AWAY WHEN SCHOOL ENDS
Once the school year is up, don’t throw your Student Ventra Card away. You can keep riding at regular fares with your card. When you’re back in school, you can renew the student reduced fare entitlement by:
- Coming to the main office with your “Blue” Ventra card. We will renew the reduced fare entitlement by sending your card information to CTA. It will take a few days for it to be processed and the reduced student fare to become active. Please plan accordingly.
TO PURCHASE A VENTRA STUDENT CARD OR IF YOUR CARD IS LOST, STOLEN, OR DAMAGED
You’ll need to buy another Student Ventra Card to continue riding with the Student Reduced Fare if your Card is lost, stolen or damaged.
You can get a new Ventra Student Card from DePaul College Prep, in the main office, at the start of the new school year. Please note: We buy a limited number of cards and we may sell out during the school year. If the old Card was registered, your parent or guardian can call 1.877.NOW.VENTRA to have your balance transferred to your new Card.
Or use the New/Replacement Ventra Student Card order form at www.ventrachicago.com/students to order a new one. If the old Card was registered, there’s a place on the form to request a balance transfer.
2019 SUMMER SCHOOL
Students enrolled in summer school are eligible to receive reduced student fares during the 2019 summer term. Discount fares are available Monday through Friday between 5:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. during the 2019 summer school session.
- Please come to the main office with your “Blue” Ventra Student Card to renew the student reduced fare on your existing Card or by using the Renew Student Reduced Fare Riding Privileges form, which can be found at www.ventrachicago.com/students.
- If you do not currently have a Ventra Student Card, you can buy a New/Replacement Ventra Student Card via the Ventra Card website www.ventrachicago.com/students.
- Dress Code & Lands' End Uniforms
- Morning Drop-off Protocol
- Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Prevention Policy
- Late Work Policy & Homework Philosophy
All DePaul College Prep uniforms must be purchased from Lands' End.
Lands' End Preferred School Number for DePaul Prep: 900137191
The DePaul Prep Dress Code Policy is as follows:
- All students will visibly display around their necks their school issued DePaul College Prep ID card on a school issued lanyard at all times.
- White button-down dress shirt with DePaul Prep embroidered logo, long or short sleeves, fully buttoned and tucked in.
white or navy blue polo shirt with DePaul Prep embroidered logo, clean and tucked in.
- Khaki or docker style pants (chinos) with DePaul Prep logo, traditional classic cut or relaxed – tan pants only.
- Female students may wear khaki uniform skirts with DePaul Prep logo, not more than two inches above the knee.
- All new students must wear the new Lands’ End uniform pants and skirts with the DePaul Prep logo.
- A belt must be worn at all times, the waist of the pants must be above the waist line and pants must extend to the ankles.
- Socks must be worn at all times in school.
- Black or brown dress shoes or boots are the only footwear allowed to be worn during the school day.
- Students are welcome/encouraged to wear blazers, sport coats, and ties, all with embroidered DePaul Prep logo, with their button down shirts.
- Navy DePaul College Prep V-neck, crew neck, quarter zip, or cardigan sweaters are the only acceptable outerwear allowed to be worn in school. All outerwear must be official DePaul College Prep apparel.
- Hair must be neat, clean, and combed or brushed.
- All uniforms must be purchased from approved DePaul College Prep vendors or school store.
The following are unacceptable dress and prohibited from being worn in school --
- Piercings (young ladies may wear a maximum of one earring per ear)
- Hats or headbands
- Headgear – including headphones, headsets, earphones, or earbuds. Ear buds are not permitted and must be left in a student's locker.
- Visible Tattoos
- Visible chains, medals, medallions
- Hooded sweatshirts
- Skirts that are too tight or too short; may not be rolled
- Yoga or form fitting pants, no elastic or tight-fitting cuffs on the ankle
- Unofficial or unapproved DePaul College Prep outerwear or shirts
- Extreme hairstyles i.e. mohawks, fauxhawks, lines, designs, arrows, mullets, braids, cornrows, blowouts, undercuts, excessively long hair or ponytails on male students etc.
- Facial hair of any sort including long sideburns
- Gym shoes or unapproved boots (combat, cowboy, high heel, etc.)
- Polo shirts in any color other than navy blue or white - grey or orange polo shirts are out of uniform.
Out of uniform/spirit days
- Uniform shoes, socks, pants and belt must be worn on spirit days.
- Students who are members of a school sponsored team are allowed to wear their game jerseys or shirt approved by the Athletic Director with their uniform pants and shoes on game days only.
- All team members must wear the same style jersey or shirt.
- Shirts displaying the names or logos of other high schools are prohibited on any occasion.
- Appropriate dress is expected at all school sponsored functions including those that take place off campus. No student will be admitted to school functions in immodest or inappropriate style of dress.
Based on the belief that school is a place of business where students are learning spiritual, academic, and social skills, the expectation is that students will show up for school dressed per the dress code and stay in dress code until 3:15pm, unless you are changing for a school sponsored activity.
*Decisions on dress code matters are at the sole discretion of the Dean of Students.
Students who violate this policy may be refused admission to class or asked to call home for the uniform item to be delivered to school. Our dress requirements have been established so that students become accustomed to a norm of neatness and modesty that will be expected of them as an adult and so that they experience a sense of belonging and pride in DePaul College Prep.
Students are expected to dress appropriately and in a manner that reflects the values of the school at sporting and all extra-curricular activities. An immodest or inappropriate style of dress will result in the student not being allowed to participate. No earrings for males are allowed at any event and no hats are allowed during inside events.
To ensure both a safe and efficient morning routine, please review the procedures below. California Avenue and traffic along the street can become hectic and congested with both Chicago Jewish Day School and DePaul Prep parents using the same few blocks for school drop-off. Be mindful of your surroundings, other cars and pedestrians, and students!
- Students enter DePaul Prep through the main door at 3633 N. California Ave.
- Have your child ready to exit when you arrive at the drop-off area on the east side of California Ave.
- Do not park in the drop-off area. If you need to park, please park in our lot on the north side of the building.
- Follow the line of cars in and out of the drop-off lane.
- If approaching from the north, please drop your child at the crosswalk at Addison St.
- Be mindful of bicycles and pedestrians at all times. Our drop-off lane shares space with a designated bike lane.
- Ride-shares must also follow these guidelines.
DePaul College Prep does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability that is unrelated to the ability to enjoy the benefits of DePaul College Prep’s, facilities, and services. All persons are encouraged to apply.