Attendance is an invaluable aspect of the learning process. DePaul College Prep expects student daily attendance with the exception of student illness, death or serious illness in the family, or an emergency situation beyond a student’s control. Daily attendance hours are 8:10 AM - 2:55 PM (Wednesday 9:00 AM - 2:55 PM). A student is expected to be present for advisory, scheduled classes, study hall, and lunch.
Parents/guardians should report the absence, late arrival, or early release before 8:00 AM on a Regular Schedule day or before 8:45 AM on a Late Start Day.
A telephone call, an email, or form submission is required for every day of an absence.
- Parent & Student Handbook
- Dress Code & Lands' End Uniforms
- Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Prevention Policy
- Late Work Policy & Homework Philosophy
- Morning Drop-off Protocol
To ensure both a safe and efficient morning routine, please review the procedures below. California Avenue and traffic along the street can become hectic and congested with both Chicago Jewish Day School and DePaul Prep parents using the same few blocks for school drop-off. Be mindful of your surroundings, other cars and pedestrians, and students!
- Students enter DePaul Prep through the main door at 3633 N. California Ave.
- Have your child ready to exit when you arrive at the drop-off area on the east side of California Ave.
- Do not park in the drop-off area. If you need to park, please park in our lot on the north side of the building.
- Follow the line of cars in and out of the drop-off lane.
- If approaching from the north, please drop your child at the crosswalk at Addison St.
- Be mindful of bicycles and pedestrians at all times. Our drop-off lane shares space with a designated bike lane.
- Ride-shares must also follow these guidelines.
DePaul College Prep does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability that is unrelated to the ability to enjoy the benefits of DePaul College Prep’s, facilities, and services. All persons are encouraged to apply.