The Parent Association of DePaul College Prep welcomes you to the new 2020-21 school year!
As a DePaul Prep parent, you are automatically members of the DePaul Prep Parent Association. The Parent Association offers the opportunity for you to meet other parents at one of the many events we host and volunteer at throughout the year, in addition to scheduled meetings.
We are always looking for creative and energetic parents to work on committees. Please contact Tammy McMiller, Parent Association President, if you are interested in volunteering or have more questions.
Dates to Note
- Tuesday, 10/6: Senior Parent Stock the Lounge - Senior Parents, Sign up here!
- Thursday, 11/16:
Book Club - I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
- New York Times Article: August 25, 2020: The 2020 Back-to-School List for Teens’ Emotional Well-Being
- Family Action Network: (FAN) connects parents, educators and professionals through collaborative programming.
COMMUNITY BUILDING- through fun family and staff appreciation events, we help to build our community. Example: Say It With Sweets, a staff appreciation event where pastries and coffee is served to the faculty and staff on Valentines Day. All parents can participate by either donating goods, helping to coordinate, or volunteer to serve the faculty and staff.
PARENT ENGAGEMENT- through information sessions, new families support, and guest speakers, we engage our community. Example: Annual PA meeting where all parents are invited to sip libations, enjoy food, and learn about what’s happening in the DCP community, meet fellow parents, faculty, and staff.
FUNDRAISING- through fundraising, we are able to support our sports programs, clubs, and fund many of our DePaul Prep community parent events. Example: Annual class year fundraiser challenge where each class year competes to raise the most funds in the amount of the class year.
BOOSTER CLUB- supports and raises funds for athletics programs and academic clubs to help maintain their viability. Example: Host and promote the annual Super Bowl Squares event.
Have you utilized the Parent Portal?
Tammy McMiller (Luke '22)
Parent Association President
Parental involvement is an integral part of the success of your child and of DePaul College Prep. An involved parent is always an asset to our community.
As primary educators of our children and working in collaboration with DePaul College Prep’s Principal and President, we build stronger parent engagement and partnership by promoting a welcoming and inclusive opportunity and tradition of volunteerism throughout our school community.
- The Parent Association provides a means by which parents can support and promote the mission of the School, its co-curricular programs, and other events.
- The Parent Association helps communicate opportunities for parents to volunteer at school programs and activities, promotes our vision, mission and message, and works collaboratively with the Principal and President to further the mission of the school.
- Through faith, knowledge, and service, the grade chairs and committees will foster a sense of community through the involvement of parents, students, faculty, alumni and friends.