DePaul Prep is proud to serve a range of learners and to have created a learning environment where students can readily receive academic support throughout the school day as well as before and after school.
The Resource Hub
The Resource Hub provides tutoring in a variety of subject areas during the school day. The Resource Hub’s primary goal is to develop students who:
Are developing into an independent learner
Can set their own learning goals
Know how to use a variety of strategies to meet their goals
Can revise their plans as needed to reach their goals effectively
Ms. Katherine Syc
Located in the Carlson Library
Periods 1 - 8
○ Please note not all subjects will have a Content Coach for each period
Student checks in with Study Hall teacher for attendance
Study Hall teacher writes student pass to Resource Hub
Student reports to the Resource Hub
Student scans Resource Hub QR code for attendance
It is based on the Resource Hub Coaches discretion to report students back to study hall if the Resource Hub becomes too busy with students. If so, an email to the Study Hall teacher is required.
themselves. While the Resource Hub is open to the entire study body, a priority is given to students who
demonstrate need for additional academic support.
Resource Hub Amenities
Each period is facilitated by various content area DePaul College Prep teachers. Staff will provide:
- Need- based strategy and skill development in reading, writing, mathematics, science reasoning, goal setting organization and general study skills. Building student independence and study ownership of learning strategies is the focus of the Resource Hub.
- Test-prep instruction for college entrance and state-mandated exams
- Communication with content-area teachers and counseling staff
Students who participate positively and actively in their education will benefit directly; therefore, students are
- Have a growth mindset toward receiving academic help
- Be engaged in academic pursuits from bell to bell
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with Resource Hub Coaches and other students
- Prepare questions for Resource Hub Coach(es) prior to attending
- Uphold all aspects of the DePaul College Prep Handbook
- Remain in the Resource Hub for the duration of the period
Any disruptive or disrespectful behavior will result in a detention and reassignment to regular Study Hall.
Mr. Tony Powers, Librarian
7:30 - 4:00 - Daily
- Support with starting research, finding sources and information for assignments or projects. Also, assistance with evaluating sources of information, as well as readers’ advisory services.
- A student has a research project and they do not know where to start with finding research.
- A student needs help finding a specific source for an assignment and needs help navigating all of the resources available in our library and the Chicago Public Library.
- A student is looking for assistance and recommendations for leisure time reading.
Lunch Study Halls
Daily during Lunch Study Hall Periods
- Any content area
- A student may meet with a teacher during their lunch study hall to review concepts, prepare for a test, etc. Students should make an appointment with the teacher at least a day ahead of time to ensure availability.