DePaul University Partnership
One of DePaul College Prep's greatest and differentiating assets is our university-wide academic partnership with DePaul University. As the nation's largest Catholic university located just three miles from our campus, DePaul Prep students, families, faculty and staff benefit from DePaul University's expertise and academic support.
- Academic Enhancements
- Dual Enrollment
- Preparation for College
- Access to Summer Enrichment Programs
- Personal & Cultural Resources
- The Theatre School & School of Music
- Service Work Collaboration & Faith Life
DePaul Prep students have the opportunity to engage in Dual Enrollment at DePaul University, taking college-level classes for credit in a number of different disciplines.
The University extends its expertise and resources to all incoming and current DePaul Prep students to ensure they are well-prepared for college:
Dual Enrollment Classes
Our college counseling programs and resources are enhanced by support from DePaul University's College of Education.
DePaul Prep students spend time on DePaul University's Lincoln Park campus to help them understand how their high school performance leads to college readiness and opportunities.
Each summer, DePaul University provides scholarships to deserving DePaul Prep incoming and current students for summer learning enrichment programs:
- DePaul Summer Experience is hosted for a selected group of incoming freshmen for a one-week session covering team building, working on personal projects in video production with College of Computing and Digital Media or constructing a personal podcast with the College of Communication. The week culminates with a presentation of the student work.
- DePaul Prep rising juniors and seniors are invited to apply to take part in DePaul University's four-week College Connect program which provides college level courses focused on college-level issues such as FAFSA, communications and personal statements.
- Cinema and Interactive Media Academy (CIM)
- Actuarial Science Summer Academy is designed to get high school students engaged in the exciting field of actuarial science through experiential learning, case challenges and visits by industry professionals. During the program, students live on campus in Lincoln Park, have meals fully catered and each team is accompanied by an upperclass actuarial science student.
In addition to the academic, college readiness and summer programs, DePaul University extends the following resources:
- DePaul Prep students and faculty have visitor status at the University's Richardson Library and access to online resources.
- DePaul University's College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences' Department of Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse provides on site tutoring support for DePaul Prep students, helping with writing assignments and research.
- The Education and Counseling Center at the University's College of Education offers free or dramatically reduced individual and group counseling services to students and families.