DePaul College Prep features a comprehensive post secondary planning program, designed to educate, support, and serve our diverse student population. The vision of our multi-year program is rooted in our student-focused approach. Our intention is to guide and to lift our young learners towards their educational goals, in the spirit of our DePaul Prep mission.
DePaul Prep College Planning offers:
- Personalized conversations and individual meetings with students
- Classroom-based College and Career focused curriculum
- Junior College Conference with family to set post secondary plan
- Full access to Naviance - our college search database and digital planning tool
- Direct connection to college admissions professionals via Rep Visits
- On-Site, school-supported standardized testing including: PSAT 8/9, Pre-ACT, PSAT/NMSQT, ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, and International Baccalaureate (IB) assessments
- Robust line up of college-focused evening programming and presentations
- Consulting expertise with DePaul University's Office of Admissions and referrals to the Education and Counseling Center
- Counselor-led resumé and interview skill development coursework
- Financial Aid workshops in partnership with Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Spring semester College Fair
Replay DePaul Prep College Counselors, Joan Murphy and Tony Minestra as they review Post-Secondary Advisory programming for the Fall, offer guidance on timing, share application insight, walk through testing options, and cover to-do lists for Seniors and their families. Tony and Joan were joined by College Admissions Reps from Augustana, Dickinson, DePaul University, Saint Mary's, and Northern Illinois University.
Ms. Murphy is continually adding new scholarship opportunities as she learns of them. Be sure to note deadlines and requirements. Check them out here:
College Rep Visits
Virtual College Fairs
Hear from over 300 colleges at the IACAC Virtual College Fair powered by StriveScan! Register and check out the schedule here:
- 6 institutions per session, each presenting for 6 minutes and available via chat for the full 45 minutes
- FREE to students, families and counselors
- 45 minute live, interactive sessions hosted on Zoom and moderated by StriveScan
- Quick registration for each session
- All sessions also recorded and available at a later date on the IACAC website
NavianceNaviance is a comprehensive college and career-readiness platform that enables self-discovery, career exploration, academic planning, and college preparation. Students utilize Naviance to organize all materials in prepping for college applications.
start your common app onlineThe Common App is a universal college application used by over 700 colleges and universities around the world.