International Baccalaureate Program
Since DePaul College Prep became authorized as an IB World School, Diploma Program on June 4, 2015, it has become firmly established as a premiere educational opportunity for DePaul Prep students. Being one of the seven private high schools in the Chicagoland area, and the only co-ed, Catholic high school in the city of Chicago, to offer the IB Diploma Program, potential students are applying to DePaul College Prep because of their interest in the IB Diploma Program.
Applying to the IB Program
Click here to apply!
Applications for the IB Program are open each February to current sophomores interested in joining the program in their junior and senior years. Information and applications are distributed to interested students during that time.
VIEW: IB Information Meeting Recording recorded 11/17/21
Since the 1st cohort of 10 students in the Class of 2017, the program has doubled the number of students participating in the program. The current Class of 2021 includes 24 full diploma students and the incoming Class of 2022 includes 16 full diploma students.
Other program developments of note include:
- IB students are being admitted into their 1st college of choice with substantial financial aid packages.
- There are 13 courses in the DePaul Prep IB curriculum: History, Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Math A&I, Math A&A, Spanish, French, Chinese, Visual Arts, Film, Theory of Knowledge, Sports, Exercise, and Health Science. Students must also complete the Extended Essay and CAS.
- 18 DePaul Prep Administrators and Teachers have successfully completed IB certification training that accounts for one third of the DePaul Prep faculty.
- Collaboration and support from DePaul University is a vital component of the DePaul Prep IB program. The research lesson taught at the DePaul University Library by their staff to prepare students to effectively complete the Extended Essay is an example of this assistance.
- IB students report significant improvement in writing and critical thinking skills that bolster their confidence in being prepared for the rigors of college coursework. DePaul Prep graduates that participated in the IB program confirm this assertion.
- DePaul Prep IB students are actively involved in extra-curricular activities that include all sports teams, theatrical productions, speech and debate, scholastic bowl competitions, school ambassadors and other academic and athletic clubs and organizations.
The IB Program involves the entire DePaul prep community in developing highly capable, internationally-minded, and well-rounded young women and men.
Contact our IB Coordinator, Ms. Heidi Bojorges at email@example.com for additional program and application information.