International Baccalaureate Program
Since DePaul College Prep became authorized as an IB World School, Diploma Program on June 4, 2015, it has become firmly established as a premiere educational opportunity for DePaul Prep students. Being one of the seven private high schools in the Chicagoland area, and the only co-ed, Catholic high school in the city of Chicago, to offer the IB Diploma Program, potential students are applying to DePaul College Prep because of their interest in the IB Diploma Program.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
Program Info Meeting via Zoom
Applying to the IB Program
Applications Open on November 2 for current Sophomores (Class of 2026)
Click here to apply
Since the 1st cohort of 10 students in the Class of 2017, the program has continued to grow and expand. Other program developments of note include:
- IB students are being admitted into their 1st college of choice with substantial financial aid packages.
- There are 13 courses in the DePaul Prep IB curriculum: History, Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Math A&I, Math A&A, Spanish, French, Chinese, Visual Arts, Film, Theory of Knowledge, Sports, Exercise, and Health Science. Students must also complete the Extended Essay and CAS.
- 18 DePaul Prep Administrators and Teachers have successfully completed IB certification training that accounts for one third of the DePaul Prep faculty.
- Collaboration and support from DePaul University is a vital component of the DePaul Prep IB program. The research lesson taught at the DePaul University Library by their staff to prepare students to effectively complete the Extended Essay is an example of this assistance.
- IB students report significant improvement in writing and critical thinking skills that bolster their confidence in being prepared for the rigors of college coursework. DePaul Prep graduates that participated in the IB program confirm this assertion.
- DePaul Prep IB students are actively involved in extra-curricular activities that include all sports teams, theatrical productions, speech and debate, scholastic bowl competitions, school ambassadors and other academic and athletic clubs and organizations.
The IB Program involves the entire DePaul prep community in developing highly capable, internationally-minded, and well-rounded young women and men.
Contact our IB Coordinator, Ms. Heidi Bojorges at email@example.com for additional program and application information.