Summer Dual Enrollment - DePaul University
The application for Summer 2021 Dual Enrollment courses is now live!
Rising juniors and rising seniors interested in submitting an application for summer Dual Enrollment courses with DePaul University should first review the program and course descriptions (linked below), and then create an account via the DePaul University application site to submit the online application.
application deadline: may 3, 2021
Questions about the program? Please reach out to Assistant Principal, Mr. Stan Niemiec, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep is proud to offer Dual Enrollment opportunities for Summer 2021 to our rising juniors and seniors. This summer, students are able to enroll and take college courses online with DePaul University and earn college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. While taking these courses, DePaul Prep students will have the experience of attending classes alongside college students and, due to our academic partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount for the courses.
- Rising juniors (Class of 2023) and rising seniors (Class of 2022) may apply.
- Subject to Change: The cost for a DePaul Prep student is $600 per 4-quarter hour course, and $1,000 for a 6-quarter hour course, as compared to the regular cost for a DePaul University student at $2,520. Because of our academic partnership, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount off the regular course cost. Payment is due only if/when enrollment has been finalized.
- Students can take multiple courses during a given Summer Session and may take courses in both Summer Sessions if they'd like. Enrollment in courses will be determined once their applications have been received.
- High school credit will be earned for all of the courses listed, based on the student's final grade.
- College credit will be earned, based on the student's final grade.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- In Summer 2021, we anticipate that most courses will be held online.
What is dual enrollment?
Rising juniors and seniors enroll and take courses on-site or online at a university or college. Students earn
college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. High school credit may or may not be earned.
These classes are part of DePaul University’s regular summer course offerings. DePaul Prep students will be
attending class alongside college students. DePaul Prep students are expected to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to
Where do the classes take place?
The majority of courses will be online for Summer, 2021. Most will be taught in an asynchronous module. If the
course will be taught synchronously, it will be noted below with specific days and times.
What are the dates for the Summer, 2021 classes?
The Summer Session I term runs from Monday, June 14, 2021 through Sunday, July 18, 2021. Summer Session II
term runs from Monday, July 19, 2021 through Sunday, August 22, 2021.
What does it cost to take a college-level course as part of this dual enrollment program with DePaul Prep?
Due to the academic partnership DePaul University has with DePaul College Prep, a student participating in the
dual enrollment program pays a total of $600.00 for a 4-quarter hour course; a student pays $1,000.00 for a 6-
quarter hour course. The regular cost to a DePaul University student ranges from $2,860- $3,460 for a 4-
quarter hour course. Therefore, dual enrollment program students are receiving a significant discount off the
regular cost for the course. (Textbooks are the responsibility of the student taking the dual enrollment course.)
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is Monday, May 3, 2021. However, it benefits students to apply early since classes
can fill-up quickly.