Summer Dual Enrollment - DePaul University
In partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep is proud to offer Dual Enrollment opportunities for Summer 2020 to our rising juniors and seniors. This summer, students are able to enroll and take college courses online with DePaul University and earn college credit for the successful completion of courses taken. While taking these courses, DePaul Prep students will have the experience of attending classes alongside college students and, due to our academic partnership with DePaul University, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount for the courses.
- Rising juniors (Class of 2022) and rising seniors (Class of 2021) may apply.
- The cost for a DePaul Prep student is $600 per 4-quarter hour course, and $1,000 for a 6-quarter hour course, as compared to the regular cost for a DePaul University student at $2,520. Because of our academic partnership, DePaul Prep students receive a significant discount off the regular course cost. Payment is due only if/when enrollment has been finalized.
- Students can take multiple courses during a given Summer Session and may take courses in both Summer Sessions if they'd like. Enrollment in courses will be determined once their applications have been received.
- High school credit will be earned for all of the courses listed, based on the student's final grade.
- College credit will be earned, based on the student's final grade.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- Counselors must complete the second page of the application.
- Students must submit high school transcripts with the application.
- In Summer 2020, all courses will be held online
- Deadline to submit applications to your DePaul Prep counselor is Friday, May 22, 2020. Counselors will then turn apps in to DePaul University by the 5/25 deadline.
What is dual enrollment?
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, DePaul University is adhering to the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines by offering all Summer 2020 courses online.
The Summer Session I term runs from Monday, June 15, 2020 through Sunday, July 19, 2020. Summer Session II term runs from Monday, July 20, 2020 through Sunday, August 23, 2020.
Due to the academic partnership DePaul University has with DePaul College Prep, a student participating in the dual enrollment program pays a total of $600.00 for a 4-quarter hour course; a student pays $1,000.00 for a 6- quarter hour course. The regular cost to a DePaul University student is $2,520.00 for a 4-quarter hour course. Therefore, dual enrollment program students are receiving a significant discount off the regular cost for the course. (Textbooks are the responsibility of the student taking the dual enrollment course.)
The application deadline is Monday, May 25, 2020. However, it benefits students to apply early since classes can fill-up quickly.