Given the different place we are in now with regard to COVID 19 and the high vaccination rate of our community, we will no longer require a doctor's note for absences due to illness that do not exceed 3 days. However, we are still recommending the following of students with symptoms of COVID 19:
Do not attend school if you have any symptoms of illness such as a sore throat, headache, cough or runny nose.
Consider getting tested for COVID 19 if these symptoms persist
Accessing your Magnus Health SMR Account
DePaul Prep uses Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Record) to organize and keep updated all immunizations and health-related forms for school and athletic use.
Magnus will be available for sign-on beginning in July for incoming families. Parents will be alerted via email when sign-on is available.
As this is a web-based system, you will have continuous access to your child’s health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed. You will also have the option to access the account after your child graduates.
DePaul Prep does not accept hard copies of health forms and all forms will need to be uploaded to your student’s Magnus Health profile.
Timely submission of health information and other forms is vital so that preparations can be made prior to the first day of school. You will receive weekly reminders as long as there are outstanding items in your account. If there is no data in your account, please reserve 20 to 30 minutes per child. Once information is uploaded, it will be verified by our nurse and if there is anything that needs to be corrected, you will be notified. The good news is that you will not have to repeat this work next year: the data is securely stored, so going forward you will simply provide updates to the record as needed. Anything updated will also be verified and you will be notified if anything needs to be amended.
*If there is any misinformation on your student's account records, please contact the Main Office or our School Nurse.
Here is a checklist of things that should be uploaded into Magnus:
- Student Health Record
- Over-the-counter Medication Form
- Immunization Form
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status
- Dental Exam Form -- only for Freshmen
- Eye Examination Form -- (only for Freshmen and Transfer Students if this is their first time entering a school in Illinois)
- Recent Physical Form -- only for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- Athletic Participation Form -- only if your child will be playing a sport (the form is good for 13 months after exam). Check the dates so you know when the next form is due.
- Prescription Medication Form
- Asthma Action Plan Form
- Food Allergy Action Plan Form
- Diabetes Action Plan Form
- Seizure Action Plan Form
- Concussion and Steroid Acknowledgement Form
- Consent to Treat -- Athletic Trainer
- Sport Concussion Assessment Tool
Questions or Problems?
If you are having difficulty navigating the Magnus system, entering data online, or downloading the hardcopy cover sheets and forms, or if you have any other questions, please contact customer support at Magnus Health SMR by phone at 877.461.6831 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper forms will be accepted.
- How does all of this work?
- Where do I find a list of frequently asked questions about Magnus Health?
- How do I reach Magnus with questions about the Magnus SMR Website?
- Where do I find all of the medical and school forms that used to come in the student packet or were posted on the school website?
- How do you keep my child’s health information secure?
state of il proof of dental exam form
* Per Illinois law as of January 2019, all incoming 9th graders are required to complete a school dental exam before entering high school.